Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Little Helper

Eric had a rough morning today.  I don't know why, but he was grumpy.  He wouldn't eat breakfast (which in itself isn't anything to make note of), kept throwing himself on the ground and crying, and spent the morning telling Brinn to "Go away."  I finally sent him downstairs to watch Cars.  Then, with a moment to myself, I checked my email and facebook and was reminded that even these frustrating days are precious.  I went downstairs and finished watching Cars with Eric.  When we came up stairs he told me he wanted to make cookies.  So we made cookies together.  Then I decided to finally can the apple pie filling I've been meaning to can.  Eric wanted to help, so I let him help.  He was actually a good little helper.  He liked to try and peel/core the apples and would go out to the garage to get another apple from the box each time he finished.  When he would get the apple through by himself, he would proclaim, "Got it!" or "All done!" and then eat the apple peel.  The floor was definitely stickier, it took us longer, and we broke two jars, but it was a wonderful experience with my sweet little boy who always wants to help.  Sweet little Elise slept like an angel through it all. :) I love my two little darling kids who keep me company all day and can't imagine life without them.








While I was cleaning up, I convinced Eric the box was a car.  I tried to make him a steering wheel out of a paper plate.  He thought it made a better hat.


No comments: