Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Day on the Farm

Last weekend we got to trek back to my home town for little Addyson's blessing.  It was a quick trip and we spent most of it in Boise, but we made it to Emmett for a few hours to see Grandma Hallam and play at the farm.  It was great to be back and great to see family.  I loved growing up in Emmett and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Playing in Grandma Hallam's barn.

We did this all the time as a kid, but as a parent I decided it was better if I just didn't watch...

The kids loved holding the baby chicks.



And so did Aunty Nel

At the Jensen farm we got to feed the horses, pigs, and sheep some old bread.

This is Polly.  She is only 10 months old and not broke yet.

Brooklyn and Kyler were throwing the hay everywhere.  Maria and I tried to get them to stop, but Uncle Brent didn't care at all.  I have to admit this isn't the Uncle Brent I remember as a kid.  We were always on the lookout because we weren't supposed to be playing in the hay, the haystack, or on the hay elevator (which made a great giant teeter-totter).

All of the kids got a chance to ride old Flapjack.  I thought he was old when I was little and he's still going strong.


Brooklyn really wanted to ride, but didn't want to go along. Aunty Nel to the rescue!

Eric even had a good time feeding the animals and only tried to eat the bread himself once or twice.

Meg riding Flapjack.

Eric hating Flapjack.

Brayden's turn.

And the main attraction, baby Addyson.

All the grandkids.


Danielle loading hay...she felt like a country girl again.

No comments: