Thursday, July 5, 2012

June Stuff

It has been over a month since I posted last.  Meg and Eric both had birthdays, we went camping, fishing, hiking, and all sorts of other fun things.  The last week of June Dave and I went down to San Diego to the Marine Recruit Training Depot.  They bring educators down and give them a little taste of what the marines is like to improve their PR.  We had a great time.  I'm glad Dave is now too old to join the marines because I think he had too much fun.  Eric had a great week with Grandma Jo while we were away and didn't think he needed me when we got back.  Today is his birthday.  He is 1!  He's walking really well now, and thinks he is a big boy.  He wants to handle the fork himself at meal times, go down the steps by himself like a big boy, and will let you know when he is unhappy and mad at you. He is a sweet heart and we love him!  I just can't believe it has been a year already.

Dave dressed up like a soldier from the Mormon Battalion Museum in San Diego.

Shooting an M16...the marines were impressed with his shooting.


Wishing he could shoot this one...

Dave doing part of the marine combat fitness test.

Me on the bayonet assault course


Add caption

Part of a team obstacle/puzzle thing...

Dave's group didn't fare as well...

Some of the gear the fire fighters wear at the airfield

I believe this was an F18

My sweet boy!







1 comment:

Parley and Anna said...

He is so darn cute, April! I can't believe he's a year either!