Monday, April 18, 2011

The Rest of Spring Break

The first part of spring break we vacationed in Goblin Valley (see post below). The rest of the week we did a lot of work around the house/yard, including the following:


Got some raspberries and blackberries and made a berry patch out along the fence in the back with a nice rock edging
Put a lawn barrier around the garden
Re-stained the play house
Pruned the cherry tree and the willow
Put down new bark around the house
Dug out the stumps in the front yard
Dug out the ugly vine under the front window, as well as the juniper bushes along the driveway
Started painting the nursery (2 coats of primer so far, next the color itself)


Now we just need to put something where we dug out the vines/bushes. Our garbage can is clear full of lawn stuff and we still have another pile to go in next week. Lots of work, but it was a lot of fun and the weather was nice. The early stuff we planted in the garden has started to come up. I love having a house and yard!

2 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

Lots of things all in one comment: Happy (late) Birthday--I hope it was grand! Happy anniversary! How fun camping at Goblin Valley and way to go with the yard! I can't wait till it warms up enough for us to plant here! Maybe this year we'll have a thriving and successful garden!

Ashley Reno said...

April-you are so stinkin cute! I love the little baby bump. Can't wait to meet the little guy. You are an awesome mom. I wish I was as fun as you are. Love ya!