Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Update

Since school has been out, I haven't had as much free time, so here is a brief update.  May 27th I walked out of Timpview never to return...as a teacher at least.  I might go back to visit my wonderful co-workers. It was harder than I anticipated it being.  I had a great 4 years there and learned a lot.  Now onto a different occupation, trying to be a mom.

Four days after school got out, Dave left for 5 days for a the Great Southwest Track meet, where he is the head coach for Team Utah.  This had consumed our lives for the weeks preceding.  As his secretary, I had been emailing/calling about a hundred different athletes, getting everyone registered, and dealing with the finances for the bus, hotels, etc.  It was crazy, but in the end it all came together and we had enough money to pay the bills.  The athletes had a great time, and the boys team even placed 3rd overall.  I had to stay home, though... :( Too close to my due date, and too far to drive in a bus at 8 months pregnant.  The girls and I had a good time, though.  We started building our float for the upcoming parade and then took a short trip to St. George to watch Tuacahns production of The Little Mermaid.  It was AMAZING!  Anyone who has the chance, should go and see it.  We loved it!

We have also had a lot of performances in our family.  Brinn had her dance recital (Dave had the camera in New Mexico, so no pics), and then Meg had her piano recital.  They both did a fantastic job.

Yesterday, the one day Dave was home before he had to leave again for a scout trip, we got our cupboards built downstairs.  This meant that this morning the girls and I could move the last of the toys from what was the playroom, downstairs.  Then we got to put everything up in what is now the nursery.  We had a great time going through all of the cute things we have for Bean.  The girls played with his toys for a good 45 minutes.  At least we know they will successfully entertain someone.

Life is good.


3 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

Wow, the float is amazing! Your kids are so blessed to have you as a mom (not just because you make awesome floats, either)!
So, I have news about UT and I need to call you. I didn't realize you were done with school so early. I'll give you a call soon!

I hope you are feeling good and staying comfortable!

Katie said...

I can't believe you have less than a month now! Wow, times flies. I'm so excited for you! And I'm pretty sure I'll be able to drop by in August to visit!

Bronwen said...

That's so fun that you went to see Little Mermaid! (I went to go see it on opening night... They canceled it. So, I watched a dress rehearsal :() And, I can't believe you're so close! That's so exciting!!!